Από το Blogger.

ok, what's with the smile?

I consider street art as a frozen single frame of a secondary story made up in the artists' mind.The viewer gets in touch with an exact part of the story.The one that artist chooses to confess.
It is obvious that this frame is being filtered, up to the point it begins lying.



Photographers present buildings without any people, models pretend to be horny during the photoshooting.Even when we take photos with our friends, we all try to smilein order to snap our hapinnes in a single frame.We Perform.We pretend.We almost lie.



I use these big smiles to underline the fact that once a picture is made (and filtered) by the artist, it cannot be honest.




I don't really know whether my characters feel happy.I just admit that they are forced to laugh.



Yue Minjun artwork and cute msn emoticons are great examples.
:)